How to Add More Storage to Your Mac on macOS 10.15
Having a hard time deciding which files to delete and which ones to leave behind to create more space on your Mac Book Pro? Increasing storage in your Mac Book pro on Mac OS 10.15 might just be the best way out of your dilemma.
You can upgrade Mac Book storage on Mac OS 10.15 using many different methods. The following is a run down of the simplest methods.
Best Way to Increase Storage in Your Mac on macOS 10.15
Method 1: Expand Storage on your Older Mac Book Pro by Clearing out Trash
You might be surprise with how much storage space you can salvage on your Mac by permanently deleting files in your Trash.
To clear out your trash,
1. Open Finder, and then select “Empty trash in the next drop-down menu.
2. Confirm the permanent deletion by selecting “Empty Trash” in the warning dialogue box that pops up next.
Method 2: Buy More Storage for Mac Book Pro in External Disks
One of the cheapest and quickest ways to increase storage in your Mac on Mac OS 10.15 is by using an external storage drive. They come in many forms, including hard disk drives; solid state drives, which are speedier, more reliable and also costlier than the former; and RAID drives, which serve up a hub for connecting multiple hard-drives.
To attach an external drive to your Mac,
1. Attach the USB-A cable that comes with the external drive to your Mac’s port. Alternatively, you can connect the hard drive to your Mac using the lightning-to-USB converter.
2. Next, open Finder, and then navigate to the external drive folder. You can now move files from your Mac to the hard drive to salvage more storage space on your Mac.
Method 3: Increase Storage by Optimizing the Disk Storage
With this method, you set your Mac to move unimportant or specified files to your iCloud storage to free up space on your Mac’s hard disk.
To do this,
1. Go to “Apple menu > About this Mac”. This brings up a dialogue box.
2. Next, tap the “Storage” tab. This brings up your Mac’s storage details.
3. Next, select the ‘Manage option, and then click on the “Optimize” option under the “Optimize Storage” tab in the next pop up screen.
4. Next, click on “Optimize” when prompted to confirm activating the optimize storage option. Immediately after, your Mac will automatically move files that haven’t been used in recent times to the cloud.
Method 4: Buy More Storage for Mac Book Pro in Cloud Storage
Cloud storage options are one of the easiest, cheapest ways to expand storage in your Mac on Mac OS 10.15. Here, your options are not limited only to iCloud storage and Apple’s servers. You can opt for third-party cloud storage services that are cheaper and more convenient for you. Some of these include Amazon Drive, Google Drive, OneDrive, Mega, etc.
The worst thing about cloud storage is that you can only access your files via the internet, and that depends on your connection speeds.
Learn more about PDFelement for Mac >>
- How to Disable Wi-Fi Calling Notifications on macOS 10.15
- How to Fix a Mac Won't Wake Up on mac OS 10.15
- How to Access Apple News on macOS 10.15
- Best Mac Data Recovery Software for macOS 10.15
- How to Fix Permissions on External Drive on macOS 10.15