Top 15 Free EPUB Readers for macOS 10.15
There’s no better way of enjoying EPUB literature, top motivational releases, text books and helpful literature and much more, than using a quality EPUB reader OS10.15 Catalina tool that does more than just allow you to read your favorite book. A quality OS 10.15 Catalina EPUB reader is essential if you’re to sample any written work available in that format. With the following EPUB reader macOS 10.15 Catalina applications for your Mac this shouldn’t be hard at all.
15 Best Free EPUB Readers for macOS 10.15 Catalina
At times some e-book reader software related to specific book providers can be daunting to use. Kitabu is free EPUB software for macOS 10.15 Catalina that allows you to approach your e-book reading differently through a customizable and very appealing UI. Includes background colors and text size you can adjust the way want. Bookmarks can be added too.
- Easy to use
- Great user interface
- Maximum three columns
- Annotation options unavailable
- EPUB files only
- Not great for text highlighting or taking notes
Supports diverse formats from EPUB, XPS to DJVu and Postscript and works with different platforms form macOS, Windows to Linux. This EPUB macOS 10.15 Catalina reader app is easy to use and a universal digital document viewer free to use.
- EPUB and other formats supported
- Universally accessible
- Annotations features
- Functionalities limited
3. Sumatra PDF
Handy EPUB reader free macOS 10.15 Catalina tool for comics, e-books and PDF and doesn’t need any installation on your desktop. It supports EPUB, MOBI and PDF among other formats.
- Portable tool using USB stick, PC or cloud storage
- Adjustable settings
- Doesn’t add highlights or notes
- Doesn’t have a graphical interface
4. Icecream E-book Reader
Simple, lightweight and handy mac OS 10.15 EPUB reader that supports PDF, MOBI, EPUB and other formats, it includes import feature. Also has an export and archive feature.
- Smart tool
- Books arrange neatly in a bookshelf
- Book importing easy
- Includes export and archive feature
- Cloud syncing unsupported
- Lacking highlight and annotation capabilities
Includes a layout you can adjust with ease while supporting such formats as MOBI, EPUB, TXT and Doc. Top EPUB reader macOS 10.15 Catalina application, it includes file management options.
- File management features impressive
- Bookmarking and highlighting customizable
- File-sharing not supported
This best EPUB software for macOS 10.15 Catalina comes with diverse adjustable functionalities to enhance e-book use. Tool also includes full-screen reading mode while supporting adjustments such as bookmarking and pagination choices. Also comes with a file converter and e-library.
- E-book management quality high
- Supports all manner of file formats
- DRM-protected and copyrighted copies unsupported
- Annotation and highlighting tools unsupported
Top EPUB software for macOS 10.15 Catalina, the e-book reader has a unique layout that’s highly responsive. It supports diverse file formats from Word, MOBI, and RTF to EPUB and much more.
- Multi file format support
- Includes different top libraries
- Bookmarking, page turning and color choice support
- Ebook customization functionalities could be distracting
8. Adobe Digital Editions
Adobe Flash-based e-book reader, it’s a popular and versatile digital publications manager and viewer. A top EPUB tool, it supports all manner of file formats.
- Simple to use
- Includes filter and sorting features
- Bookmarking included
- Page turning great
- Visibility not the best
Quality yet free to use macOS 10.15 Catalina EPUB reader, Nook is a perfect way to access top publications in digital format. It includes diverse tools for library management.
- Supports macOS, Android and Windows
- Bookmarking, highlight and annotation features
- DRM-Adobe documents supported
- Breakthrough LendMe functionality for sharing files
- Important of files slow at a file a time
Apple’s default e-book reader, it comes with excellent features and a well-designed interface. Color schemes are excellently executed while page turning is almost lifelike and fast.
- Supports diverse formats include DMF, PDF and EPUB
- Easy navigation
- Customization features adjustable
- E-book collection not that huge as you’d expect
An EPUB macOS 10.15 Catalina reader and Chrome extension, it’s very easy to use. Open source developed, it has a simple and plain interface without fluff or fanfare.
- Compatible with diverse platforms
- No need to install it anywhere
- Supports different formats
- File deletion unsupported
- Chrome browser-only tool
This Mac e-book reader offers users superb control in their reading while supporting lots of formats include PDG, EPUB, MOBI, among others. Sorting and library shelf features included as well as bookmarking and annotations.
- Bookmarking, annotation and commenting features
- Tabbed reading
- Doesn’t integrate with top digital publication libraries and stores
Kobo is a top EPUB macOS 10.15 Catalina reader supported by a book store of its own. It’s also compatible with diverse operating systems and features a highly intuitive and neat design that’s easy to use.
- Includes alignment, margin settings, background themes and spacing features
- Allows access to diverse e-books whether new or rare
- Loading speed not the best
Stanza supports different file formats including EPUB, PDF, PalmDoc, RTF, MOBI, among others. Software also includes a highly flexible text layout and great features such as file sharing and layout viewing.
- Diverse File formats covered
- Includes easy file sharing
- Free to use
- Customization functionalities not elaborate
15. OverDrive Read
On your Mac this app is browser accessible and top for those who want to borrow public library books. Content can be borrowed to read, watch or listen offline.
- Includes features like notes adding, adjustable style and size, highlighting
- Beyond library accessible books others might be hard to access
EPUB vs PDF: What is the Difference
It’s possible even as you look for the ideal macOS 10.15 Catalina EPUB e-readers to choose from you’re wondering how EPUB compares with PDF.
EPUB simply means Electronic Publication and a product of IDPP (International Digital Publishing Platform). It has since picked up and publishers love its XML format optimized for specific displays in a reflowable way, including its rendering of online publications. It’s perfect for user manuals, e-books, guild journals, online newspapers and digital magazines, among others.
- Reflowable document that adjusts to a specific screen
- Pre-paginated fixed layout type of content
- Supports vector and inline raster images, CSS style and metadata
- Notes and highlighting of pages
- Searchable book library
- MathML subset support
- Changeable text, background hues and adjustable fonts
- DRM (digital rights management) support optional
- XHTML and XML compiled offering a unique e-book solution
- Self-adjustment layouts and reflowable content
- Works on macOS 10.15 Catalina and diverse operating systems
- ZIP packaged with content organizational archived files
- Technical expertise needed for archive file creation
Simply Portable Document Format, it’s possible you’ve used PDF so much you mightn’t think much about it. It was developed in 1993 by Adobe Systems and to read PDF you need a PDF reading tool.
- Most widely used format and popularly usable in any OS and device in the same manner it was formed
- Viewing is smooth in any supporting tool
- PDF doesn’t need lots of space on your desktop
- Security settings customizable
- File compression means smaller shareable files
- Independent of operating systems
- Displays files neatly in a Mac or any other device
- Customization support features such as size and font style, highlighting and annotation
- Easy to create via diverse third-party GUI applications
- PDF to other format conversion could be problematic
- Not the most reflowable and might appear garbled in different gadgets
Best EPUB Converter for macOS 10.15 Catalina in 2019
If you’ve noticed, PDF and EPUB are very popular but have their weaknesses, which you’ve no choice but find solution for yourself. Each of them require specific devices for best performances and Mac users have no choice but search the best EPUB converter to help manage EPUB format documents perfectly.
PDFelement for Mac is a uniquely made free macOS 10.15 Catalina EPUB converter that has allowed millions of people around the world to convert EPUB files into any format and vice versa. Whether it’s from/to RTF, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, HTML or JPEG you’re already covered by PDFelement for Mac. PDFelement also comes with lots of editing features, as well as optical, character recognition (OCR) technology that allow you to create editable files from scanned documents of all kinds.
- Editing tools to edit watermarks, text, links, and pages to images
- Annotation features to stamp, draw, fill, comment or highlight
- Form creation, merging, extraction and fast file conversion
- Template library and advance printing
- Protection features such as password, permissions and digital signature
- Easy to share
- Includes OCR technology
- Compatible with Apple operating systems including macOS 10.15 Catalina as well as Windows
- How to Fix a Mac Won't Wake Up on mac OS 10.15
- How to Connect a Mac to a TV on macOS 10.15
- How to Access Apple News on macOS 10.15
- How to Fix Permissions on External Drive on macOS 10.15
- To Fix Keys Not Working on macOS 10.15 Wired Keyboard