MacBook vs Air vs Pro: Which You Should Buy
Apple has a laptop lineup that offers a ton of variety. Consequently, it gets harder for shoppers to decide the notebook to purchase. Therefore, comparing MacBook Air vs. MacBook vs. 13-inch MacBook Pro helps because you will understand the differences.
MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and MacBook are amazing Apple laptops that satisfy consumer needs at different levels. One hand the MacBook Air can work all day and is great for moving people. On the other, MacBook Pro is great for people using powerful programs. Then MacBook Air combines some aspects of these two and functions perfectly for certain users.
This brings confusion and so you must compare MacBook vs. Air vs. Pro to understand them. The difference between MacBook vs. Air vs. Pro lies in various aspects, such as price, advantages and disadvantages and system support. This article explores them for you.
Difference between MacBook vs. Air vs. Pro
The following is a breakdown of the aspects differentiating Apple MacBook vs. Air vs. Pro.
The new 12 inch MacBook combines MacBook Pro’s display and MacBook Air’s lightness into one. It has a new Intel M-core processor and retina display, which make its battery last longer and lighter.
- It is ultraportable since its very light
- Great for travels since it has about 9.5 hours of battery life
- The improved keyboard gives better typing comfort
- If you compare MacBook vs. Air vs. Pro, MacBook has the highest storage of 256GB as the rest have 128GB.
- It only has one USB-C port hence does not allow charging and plugging in another device, unless one uses a dongle that costs extra.
- This port does not support Thunderbolt 3 for connecting numerous 4K displays and faster transfer speeds.
- The 480p webcam is only good for video chats.
MacBook goes for $1,299
MacBook supports macOS Mojave. However, it should be able to support macOS Catalina.
Apple designed MacBook Air to function all day. It has a small and light build due to its thin light structure that contains a full-size keyboard and aluminum case. Therefore, it is highly portable and thus great for persons on the move and working at the same time.
- It is thinner and lighter
- Has a sharp screen
- Has a Touch ID that makes unlocking the system easier and secures replacement of passwords and payments.
- Has two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Has low power if you compare MacBook Air vs. MacBook Pro
- There are complaints about the functionality of the keyboard’s space bar
The current MacBook Air updated in 2018 goes for $1, 199
The 2018 MacBook Air supports macOS Mojave. However, it has the capability to support the incoming operating system, macOS Catalina.
The new 13-inch MacBook Pro is considered the most powerful Apple laptop because it has high performance and great resolution. The latter gets better with the new Retina display. This machine is perfect for people dealing with high quality display and powerful programs.
- If you compare MacBook Air vs. MacBook Pro, both have the same weight, but the latter has a more powerful and faster processor.
- Has reliable keyboard that is quieter
- Has four Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Offers color adjustment depending on ambient lighting
- Has faster Intel Iris graphics
- It is expensive
- Comparing Apple MacBook vs. Air vs. Pro, MacBook pro has lesser battery life of 8.5 hours
- If you compare MacBook vs. Air vs. Pro, MacBook Pro has low storage of 128GB, which is lower than MacBook that has 256GB.
The new 13 inch MacBook Pro, which also has a touch bar costs $1,799. If you prefer the previous version without a touch bar, you can get it at $1,299.
The new 13 inch MacBook Pro’s operating system is macOS Mojave. It is also set to work with the incoming new operating system macOS Catalina.
There are multiple things to consider when comparing MacBook Air vs. MacBook vs. 13-inch MacBook Pro as seen above. Therefore, the decision to buy also depends on various factors. Where money is limited, you should buy MacBook Air, the cheapest. On the contrary, MacBook Pro is great if you have plenty to spend.
They all serve different purpose. The new MacBook Air is the best for the majority buyers due to its fair price and great features. However, MacBook, is the most portable and great for travellers. Similarly, MacBook pro has the most speed and power and great for tough programs.
Best PDF Editor for MacBook, Air and Pro
Whether you choose to buy MacBook Air vs. MacBook vs. 13-inch MacBook Pro, you will need the best applications to handle various matters. PDF management is among such matters, which is demanding and thus requires the best PDF editor available. PDFelement for Mac is the best application for PDF management in any of these Mac devices since it ensures working with your PDFs brings a better experience.
There are several activities that PDFelement for Mac handles perfectly for your MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. It carries out forms and data extraction, whereby it create PDF forms that are fillable, exports information from scanned PDF and exports form data to Excel and others formats.
The fillable forms are created through the transformation of the non-fillable forms made in office applications into interactive PDF forms. Paper documents are converted into offices files through accurate data extraction. The intelligent form technology proceeds to extract PDF data from several documents to create single data sheets.
PDFelement for Mac can handle all the above processes in batches, saving time and effort. This is beneficial when you have tones of work ahead of you. The interface is not complicated, making navigation smooth and data archiving and analysis easier.
- Easy Way to View and edit Metadata in macOS 10.14
- Top Way to Read Kindle Books Free on macos 10.14
- Quick Way to Fix macOS 10.14 Upgrade Failed Issue
- Top 10 Tips for PowerPoint on macOS 10.14
- How to Fix If PDF Expert Not Working on macOS 10.14