5 Best Chinese OCR Software
You’re reading a printed magazine when you come across a wonderful Chinese article that you would love to digitize. Here, you have a few options. First, you could retype that article thus running the risk of filling it with typos. Alternatively, you could scan and upload it though that depends on the quality of your scanner. In this regard, the best solution would be Optical Character Recognition or OCR. Through it, you can convert your article – or any other type of document – into the kind of data that is both easy to edit and search. More importantly, Chinese OCR on Mac is what you need.
Top 5 Chinese OCR Software
It’s possible to convert the article mentioned above using any Chinese OCR online tool. However, dangers exist with some of the options you encounter. What sort of dangers? Here, we are talking about security and safety of your entire Mac system. For this reason, it’s important to install the safest Chinese OCR translator on Mac.
Below are the five best Chinese character OCR on Mac software.
1. PDFelement Pro for Mac
If you remember well, we said the purpose of using Chinese OCR on Mac is to convert the article into data that you can edit and search easily. In this regard, PDFelement Pro for Mac will never disappoint you. It’s the best Chinese OCR app on Mac. The software gives you an easy time manipulating the PDF content professionally.
- Supports basic PDF functions that include opening and saving
- Converts images from any file type into editable text files
- Simplifies PDF manipulation
- Allows users to edit any errors seen on the new files
As the most simplified Chinese OCR software, it also has the following pros and cons.
- Performs all PDF-related functions easily
- Costs nothing thus saving you money
- Easy to install
- Easy to use even without any experience
- Allows conversion of all manner of images into text files that are easy to edit
- Requires a bit of practice to familiarize yourself with using it
- Capable of disrupting the system’s flash plugin thus causing it to slow down
2. Adobe Acrobat
Most users you ask will tell you they have installed Adobe Acrobat as their go-to software for performing Chinese OCR online and offline. Its popularity is not in question. Various factors contribute to the ever-increasing popularity and demand for one of the best tools for OCR Chinese characters online. For instance, it costs you nothing to perform free OCR Chinese characters using this tool.
The key features of this Chinese OCR translator include:
- Supports multiple languages
- Converts PDF to editable files instantly
- Generates custom fonts
- Archives PDF from converted scans
- Converts PDF into multiple formats
- It has a free version
- Capable of converting PDF into other different formats where necessary
- Simple to use
- The Pro version of this Chinese OCR on Mac software is quite expensive
Adobe Acrobat is the best for downloading this exemplary software.
3. Nitro Reader
What do you get from Nitro Reader? A good balance between the features and usability of one of the best Chinese OCR software on Mac. More than that, the software also ranks well for its highly usable interface. In fact, that interface makes it completely different from all the rest.
- Web browser integration
- Multiple ways of creating PDF
- Offers readers three different settings; namely, Print-ready, Office-ready and web-ready
- Users can zoom, print, email and open files right from its toolbar
- Highly intuitive features
- Perfect for PDF management and manipulation
- Operates fast
- Slows the system down through its interaction with MacOS functionality
- Demands more requirements than many users have in their systems
Visit this website to download the best software for Chinese character OCR on Mac.
4. Sumatra PDF
When you open Sumatra PDF, the first thing you will notice about this leading Chinese OCR on Mac software is its intuitive interface. Other than that, the software also performs OCR Chinese characters online tasks fast. Perhaps the best quality is that it’s open source, which makes it the best for free OCR of Chinese characters.
- Light hence loads fast
- Comes with a 64-bit installer
- Lightweight thus loads ridiculously fast
- Doesn’t need too many system requirements
- Its 64-bit installer only takes 5MB
- Lack of diversity in its features compared to other Chinese OCR on Mac software
- Keyboard shortcuts are difficult to grasp
Download the software here.
5. Foxit Reader
Foxit Reader ranks highly as one of the best OCR apps for Chinese on Mac. It allows users to not only create but also edit, share and secure their PDF documents on the cloud. Furthermore, users can also choose to collaborate with their colleagues or revoke that access so that nobody else can use it except the authorized individuals.
- Perfect tool for collaborative PDF-related work
- Secures PDFs with encryption, digital signatures and passwords
- Allows users to track whoever accesses PDF files and everything they do on the documents
- Secures PDFs on the cloud
- Best browser-based Chinese OCR online
- Perfect PDF file management capabilities
- Easy to view plain texts on PDF since it lacks complex formatting
- Its installation comes with other undesirable programs
- Users have to install the paid version separately
The best link for downloading this Chinese OCR on Mac is Foxit Reader.
Now that you have all the details on the best apps for Chinese OCR on Mac, it should be easier for you to settle on what works well for you. Each Chinese OCR translator on Mac software mentioned here has its share of pros and cons. Therefore, feel free to install the OCR simplified Chinese tool that meets your needs perfectly.
- 5 Best Image to HTML Converter
- How to Copy Text from Photo on Mac
- How to Use Image Text Recognition
- 5 Best Russian OCR Software
- How to Detect Text in Image on Mac