Best 5 PDF Scanner Software for Mac
The paper-based documents can never match the convenient and versatile digital documents such as PDFs. With the digital format, protection and presentation of your file comes easy. As you work with PDF files you need a PDF scanner on Mac for your macOS 10.15. There are multiple PDF scanner software on Mac that you can use to scan PDF documents, files, photos and images and this article will educate you on the best PDF scanner on Mac and the scanning steps.
Top 5 PDF Scanner Software for Mac
1. PDFelement Pro for Mac
PDFelement Pro for Mac is PDF scanner on Mac that has useful tools that come in handy in scanning of physical documents. Therefore, it is a PDF scanner program on Mac that you can use to directly create digital PDF files. After the creation of PDF files, this PDF document scanner on Mac for macOS 10.15 allows you to utilize it amazing feature, the OCR function, in the recognition process of the scanned content and probably convert text so that you can easily edit it and search it. PDFelement Pro for Mac is also a PDF photo scanner on Mac, since you can use it to scan images.
Key Features of PDFelement Pro for Mac Include
- Editing of PDF files
- Creation of new PDF files
- Comments and annotations
- Security of PDF files through password protection
- Digital signing of PDF files
- Does batch processing
- Optical Character Recognition, making PDFelement Pro for Mac a PDF scanner OCR on Mac
- It has a free trial version that you can use before purchasing it
- Its password protection feature offers high security for your PDF documents
- The user interface is suitable for both beginners and pros, since it is friendly
- It batch processing feature works without problems
- It is a reliable and robust PDF document scanner on Mac for macOS 10.14
- Despite offering a free trial version, you can’t experience all its features since they are limited.
Scan2PDF is among the best PDF scanner software on Mac because it is quite an efficient program that allows you to scan paper documents so that you can create PDF. With quite a number of features in this free PDF scanner for macOS 10.14, you can benefit a lot from using it as your scanner.
- Creation of PDF document through combining scans
- Page rotation
- Merging of files
- Rearrangement of merging files
- Importation of additional files stored in hard disk
- It is a free application
- Works with additional files imported from the hard disk to form the complete single PDF document
- It is not good at batch processing
- Lack the optical character recognition
Access for this PDF scanner download on Mac.
NAPS2 is another of the best PDF file scanner on Mac that is extremely functional. The term NAPS2 stands for Not Another PDF Scanner 2. Since it also scans images, you can also refer to it as PDF photo scanner on Mac or image scanner to PDF on Mac for macOS 10.15.
- Has OCR tool
- Customized scanning process
- It comes for free
- It can support multiple scanners
- It is compatible with WIA and TWAIN drivers
- It lacks a detailed user guide
- The user interface is not as simple and thus may be tough for beginners.
You can conduct this PDF scanner free download on Mac here.
4. Free Scan to PDF
The Free Scan to PDF is a widely known and appreciated scanner in PDF on Mac and thus is categorized with the best of the PDF scanner software on Mac. It is common among mac users because it is free and has the most basic features that people need as they scan documents. This PDF document scanner on Mac seems to be a product of the FreeAudioVideo software, which is a website that houses multiple large free apps.
- Page adjustment
- Page cropping
- Page rotation
- Page copying
- Digital signing of PDF files
- Password protections
- It is a free PDF scanner program on Mac
- Has high security through password protection
- You have the liberty to edit PDF metadata.
- As a free application it has very few features.
Here is the link to use for PDF scanner free download on Mac.
5. Advanced scan to PDF free
Advanced scan to PDF is great PDF scanner software on Mac for macOS 10.14 that lets you experience amazing features for free as you scan documents and save them as PDF. Compared to other free applications, this PDF scanner program on Mac seems to have more features that give you some great privileges.
- Password protection for the PDF files
- Digital signing of your PDF files
- Page customization
- Compression type modification
- It is very affordable since it comes for free.
- Amazing user interface that makes this PDF document scanner on Mac easy to use
- High security provided by the password protection and so you have peace of mind due to the confidence that your documents are safe and free from alterations
- Digital signing makes the documents appear more authentic.
- It lacks the OCR function and thus falls short at tasks like detecting texts.
This PDF scanner free download on Mac can click here
- How to Convert PNG to Excel with OCR on Mac
- How to Convert JPG to Text on Mac
- How to Scan Picture to Text on Mac
- 5 Best Arabic OCR Software for Mac
- 5 Best Japanese OCR Software for Mac