5 Best Alternative to Preview for Mac
If you’ve a Mac, chances are Preview is a PDF management tool you probably know quite well. Even so, you might have noticed how limited in terms of features you’re, including what you can do with Preview to edit and modify PDFs. You’re also incapable of using advanced tools to transform your PDF documents. Essentially, you might be on the lookout for alternative to Preview for Mac application for your Mac. With the following Preview for Mac alternative software you should be able to make the most of your PDFs and transform them into the professional documents you want them to be without a problem while using the most advanced, functional, intuitive and stable features available compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina.
5 Best Preview Apps for Mac Alternatives
1. PDFelement for Mac
It doesn’t matter where you’re around the world, with PDFelement for Mac you’ve a unique alternative to Preview for Mac you can use to do a lot. This highly recommended Preview alternative comes with lots of features for PDF management, which allow you to create PDF files, convert, annotate, edit PDFs, batch process, sign digitally and protect your PDF documents with permissions and passwords. PDFelement for Mac is all-round software for PDF editing also renowned for its unique data extraction and form-field recognition technology.
- Editing tools for watermarks, texts, pages, links to images
- Annotation features for commenting, stamping, drawing, highlighting and filling
- Creation and conversion features to help you merge, create forms, extraction, convert rapidly and access template library
- Protection tools to help you add a digital sign, password or permission
- Sharing and advanced printing features
- Optical character recognition (OCR) technology
- Compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Adjustable labeling of pages
- Ability to add watermarks, footers, headers and watermarks
2. Acrobat Reader DC
With this Preview alternative for Mac users you’ve a tool you can use quite well. It comes with lots of features, considering this is like the PDF template and standard world over. Filling and signing or commenting features are provided, including tools for erasing and drawing, stamping and even an option to import a signature. Adding signature only requires trackpad or mouse to draw, type it or add an image.
- Free (though lots of features must be paid for monthly or annually)
- Sizable useful features
- Basic functionalities for PDF management and viewing provided
- Advanced features such as OCR must be paid for separately making it really costly
- Can be a handful for beginners
3. Master PDF Editor for Mac
This Preview for Mac alternative is highly useful and offers lots of functionalities to help you transform and manage your PDFs. Modifying, creating and viewing PDF documents don’t have to be complicated anymore with this software. Master PDF Editor also ensures PDF file merging can be done, including encryption of PDF files, signing and commenting as you’d want.
- Digital signing
- PDF document creation
- PDF bookmarking supported
- Includes OCR and virtual PDF printing
- Dragging and dropping isn’t supported
- Watermark clearly visible once you’ve used trial version PDF file editing
4. PDF Studio for Mac
A quality Preview alternative for any Mac, PDF Studio is highly user friendly and has all the critical PDF editing features you might need to transform your PDF documents the way you want. It combines lots of PDF editing functionalities with advanced editing features and meets the portable files standards criteria. It comes with a trial version you can try out before investing in it.
- PDF creation and editing supported
- Annotation and PDF commenting
- Share Point and Google Drive Support
- Different file formats supported
- Watermark added on documents edited with trial version
- Magnify and shrinking motion trackpad-like tools unavailable
5. Infix PDF Editor for Mac
A very handy and useful alternative to Preview for Mac great for every beginner or anyone interested in an easy to use PDF editing application, Infix PDF editor reminds you of MS Word. You can use it to edit text, check spelling or even replace and find. It also comes with a trial version you can use for free or go for a premium one with advanced features.
- Comes with unique PDF editing features such as replace and find, search, rulers and tabs
- Image and text pasting and copying supported
- Simple to grasp and easy to use design
- Final edited PDF document contains watermarks for trial version
- Compared to other editing features not as advanced or intuitive as those of other PDF editors
- How to OCR PDF in Preview in Easy Way
- How to Fill out PDF Forms with Preview on Mac
- How to Create PDF in Preview
- Best Foxit PDF Editor Alternative for Mac
- Comparison: PDFelement for Mac vs PDF Expert