Top 10 Free Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac Alternatives
Obviously Adobe Acrobat Pro stands on a level of its own in PDF management issues considering it’s the standard in the industry and the reason why there’s PDF in the first place. Even so, times have changed, technology advanced and permissions granted allowing the entry of much efficient, fast, robust, affordable and quality PDF editors and management applications.
These Adobe Acrobat Pro Mac alternatives are perfect for individuals, companies and small businesses as well. Adobe Acrobat Pro is a bit expensive and can be a handful to use for complex PDF duties due to its huge range of features. Here are 10 great alternatives for Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac that can do the job that Adobe Acrobat does effectively well without actually costing you an arm and a leg.
Best 10 Alternatives for Adobe Acrobat Pro for Mac
1. PDFelement for Mac
Highly considered the best Adobe Acrobat for Mac alternative in the industry, PDFelement for Mac isn’t just a typical PDF management tool. It’s a highly recommended efficient PDF editor and robust PDF manager for Mac users. It also works with other operating systems such as Linux and Windows, Android and iOS.
In contrast with Adobe Acrobat Pro, PDFelement for Mac is cheaper and offers value for money considering the range of intuitive, high quality features you get with it. Whether it’s creating, converting, annotating, editing or formatting your PDF documents, PDFelement for Mac has all the tools you need and much more for advanced PDF management.
- Affordable that you get all the great Acrobat Adobe features at the lowest possible cost
- Comes with a free trial
- Easy and simple to use
- Includes lots of highly advanced features like OCR (optical character recognition)
- Includes top PDF security tools to keep your PDF documents safe with passwords, signatures and permissions
2. Print Natively in your Mac
This doesn’t require any downloading of a PDF editor or manager. On your Mac you can use any app for desktop publishing in the system to edit your PDF. Of course, all the great features in PDF editor tools won’t be there, including ease of sharing the files, but could work somewhat. Just go to “File” in your macOS editor and click “Print”, which can also be any PDF supporting app or browser. Look for “PDF” on the drop-down menu of the dialog for Print and select “Save as PDF”. Once you’ve named the file and added password if needed in “Options” you can save it and use the PDF as you wanted.
- Doesn’t cost you any money
- Gets you a PDF if nothing else
- You miss on all the most important features made for PDF editing, both basic and advanced tools
- Sharing the document can be cumbersome
- It’s not a clear-cut easy process but laborious and long
- PDF quality could be atrocious
3. Preview in Macs
Preview comes as a part of your Mac and offers quick ways of signing documents and markup while offering basic PDF editing, creation and management tools. The pre-installed app in macOS is a file viewer in essence but includes a few PDF management features.
- Allows you to accomplish basic PDF management actions
- Comes with your Mac
- Free to use
- Document viewer
- Comes with annotation and markup tools
- Essentially not really a PDF creator application
- Interactive documents or forms cannot be designed
- Existing elements in PDF cannot be edited or created
- Essentially cannot really ‘edit’ PDFs per se
4. LibreOffice Draw for Mac
A unique tool that works very well for the quintessential individual after a working PDF editor, LibreOffice is free and carries out total PDF editing and not in the manner of simple tools. Once you open a PDF you need to edit, simply start Draw, pointing it to that PDF file.
- Edits PDFs
- Shape elements convertible into fixed types of images for moving and resizing
- Text boxes can be filled
- Tables, charts, boxes and shapes can be added
- Not the best PDF files interpreter
- Formatting could be really skewed in style and text
- Limited in PDF creation
- Form creation features really hidden
- Tools not advanced
5. PDF Expert for Mac
While it’s a premium PDF editor you might not have to go looking for Adobe Acrobat for Mac free download full version with its free trial for seven days allowing you to test the tool fully before you purchase. PDF Expert competently carries out editing of images, markups and text, including annotation, document signing and merging.
- Annotates and signs PDFs
- Merges and fixes typos
- Edits images, text and markup
- No tools for adding form fields or new shapers
- Free trial has limited tools
6. Infix PDF Editor for Mac
Even if you’ve done an Adobe Acrobat Pro Mac crack the cost and ease of use might still compel you to find another alternative that works. Infix is a wonderful Adobe alternative with sufficient tools for the job such as text, images and font size alteration and editing tools for PDF documents.
- You can find and redact phrases and words to protect sensitive information
- Not complex to use
- Images and text copying between PDF documents possible
- Includes replace and search tool
- Form filling adds unnecessary watermark on final file
- Lacks some important basics and advanced features
7. DigiSigner for Mac
You might not need to go searching for Adobe Acrobat Pro Mac torrent to start managing your PDFs yet. DigiSigner is free and works quite well with Mac. You can use it to create signatures and view PDF documents.
- Interface the easiest to comprehend
- Create signatures that are legal
- Free and compatible with Macs
- Largely specializes on a small area mostly on documents signing
- Free version only has essential tools
- You need to pay to access advanced tools
8. iSkysoft PDF Converter Pro for Mac
Comes highly recommended as well and a useful Adobe Acrobat Pro alternative. You can use it to convert scanned PDFs into different formats such as MS Office tools, EPUT among others.
- Drag and drop quick format conversions
- Maintains original layout and formatting
- Batch conversion of hundreds of files at once possible
- Encrypted and scanned PDF documents convertible
- Largely a converter and nothing more
- For PDF editing and other tools you’ll need other iSkysoft applications
Proview is a unique tool offering you different PDF editing features to split and merge PDF documents or even rearrange pages. You can even crop, rotate or scale pages including editing metadata of a document.
- PDF attachment management supported
- Allows users to add dates, page numbers and text
- Multiple page operations applicable on all pages simultaneously
- Trial version edited files come with a ‘Demo’ watermark
- Hardly lots of important PDF editing tools
10. Master PDF for Mac
An alternative for Adobe Acrobat provided free and works on XPS and PDF files equally well. Of course there’s an advanced version but a trial version offers a number of tools to allow you to edit PDF documents, including text and image editing.
- PDF document bookmarking and editing
- PDF encrypting supported
- PDF control features insertion features such as checkboxes, lists and buttons
- No drag-drop features
- Watermark on trial version on PDF documents edited
- Top 10 Free CutePDF for Mac Alternatives
- How to Fill out PDF Forms with Preview on Mac
- How to Convert Preview to PDF on Mac
- How to Edit PDF with Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac
- Top 10 Alternatives to PDF-Xchange for Mac