Top 5 Adobe Reader Alternative for Mac (Catalina Included)
Of course, PDFs are critical in any computer system, including Macs. It’ll be impossible to create PDF files that you want, edit, convert and annotate them before sharing with your team. Adobe Reader is the industry standard, but not without flaws and an alternative might be all you need, which gives you better value for less money and lots of critical advanced PDF management features. Finding an Adobe Reader Mac alternative doesn’t have to be complicated; here are five worth checking out now compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Best 5 Adobe Reader Mac Alternatives
1. PDFelement for Mac
Whatever type of Mac you’re using you deserve a top quality Adobe Reader alternative Mac tool to manage your PDFs, which has top quality features, intuitive, robust and very affordable than Adobe or other tools out there. PDFelement for Mac is exactly that.
It’s compatible with all Mac operating systems, including macOS 10.15 Catalina. It opens PDF documents fast allowing you to do what you want. You can edit your PDF documents fast and easily fill and create PDF forms while making the most of layered security functionalities in PDFelement for Mac. Merging and splitting pages and making the most of OCR technology ensures you can transform any scanned document into editable PDF.
- Annotation tools included
- Save templates and create forms
- Protect PDFs with permissions, signatures and passwords
- Share document easily
- Add watermark on your PDFs
- Split, merge and convert PDF files easily
2. PDF Expert
This is a highly usable fast working alternative Adobe Reader tool that comes with diverse features such as ability to change images and text, PDF editing, reading and annotation. A search indexing allows you to save important discoveries in your search history for easier remembering.
- Edit PDFs and images
- Add links and compress file size
- Sensitive info can be redacted
- Outlines editing easy
- Lacks OCR and other advanced functionalities
- Complicated to use
- Setting it up can be a handful
- Features not the easiest to comprehend
3. Okular for Mac
A proper Adobe Reader alternative compatible with macOS and other platforms, it supports diverse formats apart from PDF such as EPUB and XPS. If you only want to open and read your PDF files without the need of editing anything then Okular will work for you.
- PDF reader and opens seamlessly
- Supports Mac systems among others
- Free to use
- Lacks critical PDF editing and management features
- You can’t do much with it apart from opening PDFs
A highly practical note taker and PDF reader for Mac systems, it’s useful in annotating and reading diverse documents such as scientific documents. Viewing PDFs comes naturally with Skim.
- Notes editing and addition supported
- PDF reader and viewer
- Text highlighting and cropping tools
- Lacks advanced features
- Limited functionalities
- UI not the friendliest
5. Haihaisoft Mac Reader
An alternative PDF Reader for Mac, Haihaisoft is quite small at only 3MB for the entire installation. It also support different world languages and easy to use.
- Activates very fast
- Document can be read-protected
- No internet connection required all the time to run it
- Design free of clutter
- Includes privacy and security features
- Small size and fast installation
- Blank pages if you try PDF printing
- Stability issues aplenty
- DRM of PDFs not easily complied with
- Lacks advanced functionalities
- 5 Best Alternative to Preview for Mac
- Top 10 Free CutePDF for Mac Alternatives
- How to Create Word Drop Down List on Mac
- How to Convert Preview to PDF on Mac
- PDF Expert No OCR? Solved!