How to Convert Preview to PDF on Mac
The Mac systems have a common PDF application known as Preview. This software can convert Preview files to PDF, since it has the feature to do so. Additionally, it supports numerous file types, including AI, BMP, JPEG and PNG, among others.
There is also another application that Mac users can use to convert preview to PDF. However, this software is more advanced and has better features and converting tools. This article will indicate how to convert preview to PDF using both applications.
How to Convert Preview Files to PDF
Preview for Mac not only allows you to convert Preview files to PDF but also lets you view PDFs and images. Therefore, you can view any images on the application, so long as they are in the supported formats.
As you convert the supported Preview files to PDFs, you can also transform image files to other formats that can be opened in a simpler way. Therefore, if you experience difficulties opening images, conversion to other formats is a great option. However, you should be aware of the limitations of the converter feature in Preview, since it converts very few types of files.
The following guide shows you how to convert Preview files to PDF using Preview for Mac;
Step 1: Add the Target PDF Files
After launching Preview on Mac, drag and drop the target files on the program to upload them.
Step 2: Mark the Thumbnails
Proceed to scrolling through the thumbnails to enable more files selection for conversion. Using the Select All command, mark the left thumbnails.
Step 3: Convert Preview Files to PDF
To convert preview to PDF, access the main menu. Go to the File option and click on Export as PDF.
This will cause a pop-up print window. Ensure that you select the preferred destination folder and then choose Save, for the preview file to be saved as PDF.
How to Save Preview File as PDF with PDFelement
Unlike Preview, PDFelement for Mac is more flexible due to its features. It allows not only viewing and editing of PDF files, but also converting PDFs to multiple file and image formats. Therefore, you can convert PDF files to EPUB, HTML or JPG. It is also special because it can return the files to the original format.
PDFelement for Mac has an interface that appears simple, despite that it uses advanced technology. So, converting Preview files to PDF is quite easy and beginners can handle the process without hiccups.
This Preview alternative is capable of many other functions, as explained in its main features below;
- Converts PDF documents to other files and converts others to PDF- PDFelement for Mac does not restrict the usage of other file types. That’s why it can convert PDFs to other files. If you need such files in PDF, it can convert Preview files to PDF
- Merges PDF files- if you need a single PDF from multiple others containing similar information, it can merge the files for you.
- Edits PDF files- you can change various aspects in PDFs with this application. the multiple editing tools give you the control you require to create quality PDFs.
- Protects PDF content using various methods- you can easily protect your documents against prohibited viewing, editing, or even data extraction.
- Extracts data- you can have a single sheet with new data after extracting information from various PDFs. This process takes seconds.
- Creates new PDFs- this application gives you the liberty to create PDFs in several ways to acquire the best results
- Signs PDFs digitally and shares with a cloud service-after digitally signing PDFs, you can send to various other parties for more signing.
With the following procedure, you will manage to convert Preview files to PDF, using PDFelement for Mac.
Step 1: Load the Preview File into the Program
Once PDFelement for Mac has been successfully downloaded and installed in the Mac, launch it. To load the Preview files, go to the File menu found at the top toolbar. Access the option PDF from File.
Step 2: Annotate or Modify PDF
Annotating or modifying PDF is always optional. Open the file in the program and go to the Text button, if you wish to modify texts.
With the Markup button, you can add markups.
Step 3: Save the Preview Files to PDF
If file editing is not required, the next step should be conversion. Go to the File menu again and select Save. The Preview file should be converted to PDF on Mac immediately.
In conclusion, both Preview and PDFelement for Mac can convert Preview files to PDF and the steps are simple to execute. However, there are more factors to consider before settling for the first displayed guide. Preview lacks multiple functions, which are readily available in PDFelement for Mac. So, to avoid experiencing avoidable limitations, it is best to convert Preview to PDF with the Preview alternative, since it also guarantees quality results.
- Top 10 Free PDF Expert Alternatives
- How to Convert Preview to PDF on Mac
- Best Alternative to Preview for Mac
- PDF Expert No OCR? Solved!
- How to Combine PDFs in Preview