How to OCR PDF in Preview in Easy Way
The OCR technology is very essential to everyone that seeks to digitize paper work and extract information from PDF text or images. For you to perform OCR, you need a macOS program that can handle Mac preview OCR.
Preview, the macOS PDF software is capable of several functionalities but lacks the OCR technology. Therefore, for you to conduct OCR PDF, Preview alternative is required. This article will show you how to use a powerful Preview alternative to do OCR Mac preview.
How to OCR PDF without Preview on Mac
The Mac inbuilt program, Preview is a great PDF reader. It comes at no cost and allows addition of texts, combination of PDF files and highlighting, among other activities. However, it does not have the OCR feature and hence does not have the capability to recognize scanned PDF files or images. This problem can cause a lot of inconveniences when you want to digitize your paperwork and edit content in the scanned documents.
On the other hand, PDFelement for Mac is not only the perfect PDF file companion but also has the OCR technology. It is the best for PDF management because it is also faster and easier. Therefore, you can scan your paper work to convert it to PDF files, and later edit the texts to make the necessary adjustments within the shortest time possible. So, PDFelement for Mac is the perfect solution for updating information.
The technology of OCR is multilingual, meaning that it supports more than twenty-five languages. Some of the common languages include English, German, Korean, Portuguese, Ukrainian, and Greek. The process of using requires you to make your language selection and the results will always be beyond your expectations.
Aside from the OCR feature, the OCR PDF Preview alternative surpasses Preview due to multiple other reasons, which are explained in its features below.
- Smarter editing tools, which help in controlling the PDF contents. Using this feature the application allows the changing and adjustment of images and texts. For the images, you can rotate, crop, replace or delete. On the other hand, you can change texts, delete or add and also alter the font style or size.
- Creation of fillable forms- if you have some experience, OCR PDF Preview alternative enables you to create fillable forms from scratch. If you lack experience, the application provides templates that offer guidance on how to deliver flowing and quality data.
- Advanced annotation tools- when information in PDFs becomes too interesting, you may annotate in different ways. You can add comments, text boxes, sticky notes or stamps. These allow easy memorization when using the documents at a later date. It also allows the incorporation of shapes and personalized drawings.
- PDF conversion- With PDFelement for Mac, you can view and use your PDF content in other file formats. It converts the PDF files to Microsoft Office files like PowerPoint and Word, and other formats like HTML. The application can also handle conversion without supervision, meaning that you can convert multiple PDF files to a certain format at once. Also, you can convert these other formats to PDF.
- Exportation and extraction of data- archiving and analyzing data are essential in various work environments. Therefore, PDFelement for Mac allows data extraction from various PDF files to single excel document. This also applies to scanned PDFs. eventually, it simplifies data archiving and analysis.
- Digital signing- OCR Mac Preview alternative is perfect for making contracts since the majorities require signing. The application allows incorporation of electronic signatures by multiple parties. If they are far apart, you can send the PDF form through Dropbox, for them to sign at their convenience.
The following steps indicate the OCR preview Mac procedure without using Preview
Step 1: Open Scanned PDF Documents
After launching PDFelement for Mac, go to the Home window. Select Open File and upload the scanned PDF document into the software.
Step 2: Perform OCR
When a scanned file is added to this software, you will get a notification to perform OCR.
To do so, access the Perform OCR option. This will automatically take you to a new window. Select OCR setting to choose the OCR language, Downsample To and Editable Text or Searchable Text Image. PDFelement for Mac supports many languages like English, French and Chinese, so, you should your preferred language.
This OCR Mac Preview alternative will transform the PDF to an editable format. You may then proceed to editing it if necessary and adding annotations, by clicking the Text situated on the left toolbar. When done, ensure that you save the file.
In conclusion, you should not lose hope when you realize that Preview does not have the OCR technology. You should simply download and install PDFelement for Mac that comes with this feature, and many others that you can explore. The OCR technology in the OCR Mac Preview alternative helps in the management of your scanned PDF files and images and ensures that you can manipulate the documents to produce high quality work.
- How to Fill out PDF Forms with Preview on Mac
- PDF Expert Sync with iCloud/Dropbox/Google Drive/One Drive
- PDF Expert vs Acrobat: Which One is Better
- PDF Expert vs PDFpen: Which One to Choose
- How to Convert Preview to Word on Mac