Top 10 Free PDF Converter for Mac
Whether for professional, personal or academic purposes PDF has become the standard and most critical format for viewing documents, sharing and collaborating with coworkers and big teams. The ability to convert to PDF is highly important even for macOS 10.15 users. With so many PDF converter online free, choosing the best that works is very essential. Here are PDF converter free download for Mac including PDFelement for Mac you might want to check out today.
Best 10 Free PDF Converter for Mac
1. PDFelement for Mac
Without a doubt PDFelement for Mac remains the best PDF converter for mac users anywhere. It cuts cost and gives users the power to enjoy some of the best features unavailable in most converters out there or costly in others. PDFelement for Mac supports macOS 10.15 Catalina and offers users the chance to control their PDF documents completely and use them the way they want. The tool doesn’t just offer the best way to convert to PDFs from other formats such as EPUB, Word, Excel, Images, PPT or HTML only, but also carry out certain functions such as documents splitting, editing PDFs, adding watermarks and signatures, deleting, rotating to cropping and inserting images and much more.
- Creating PDF files
- Converting and editing PDF files
- Signing and securing PDF documents
- Ability to add footers, headers, backgrounds and watermarks
- Adding comments and annotations
- Includes an easy to use interface
- Free version with limited features
Price: From $29.99, three suscription plan on the Mac App Store
2. Soda PDF
Definitely one of the best document to PDF converter software out there, Soda PDF offers diverse features. You can actually create PDF documents with the tool but also convert PDF files into different formats out there such as images, RTF, HTML, Excel, PPT and Word.
- Includes page specifying feature
- Converts PDFs into diverse formats
- Available in 8 languages
- Easy to use interface
- Offers a robust support section
- Costly in contrast with other tools
- Advanced features must be bought separately
Price: Annual purchase of $84
A top converter that only require a browser to work without the need to install or download files. This PDF to PDF converter comes with diverse features such as PDF rotation, protection, unlocking, merging,compressing and converting images and other documents to PDFs and vice versa. While it’s free to use advanced features must be unlocked at a cost.
- Free to use for standard version
- Multiple file conversion possible
- Simple to use
- Advanced features come at a cost
- Doesn’t do different tasks like PDF editing except PDF conversion
Price: $6 monthly, $48 annually
4. Adobe Acrobat DC
A useful PDF converter for Mac, Adobe Acrobat DC offers diverse features such as PDF conversion, editing, PDF pro management while supporting diverse formats you can convert into or from. Also comes with a syncing functionality to help you access your PDF files wherever you’re at any given time. You can also use the tool to set up your password to protect your most confidential PDF documents.
- Includes password protection feature
- Syncing is supported
- PDF editing
- Export, convert and create PDFs
- Cumbersome navigation
- Reader doesn’t have some critical features
- Expensive in contrast with other PDF converters out there
Price: $450 Standalone version, $179 annually subscription version
5. WPS Word to PDF converter
A rather simple tool to convert word documents into PDF with surprising output quality, this PDF converter for Mac works speedily and includes an OCR feature that ensures original document images and formatting are maintained.
- Conversion quality high
- Includes OCR function
- Merges and splits large documents
- Doesn’t support conversion of word to PDF yet
Price: Free with other Premium versions avaible
6. Foxit PhantomPDF Standard for Mac
Foxit PhantomPDF Standard offers diverse features apart from PDF conversion. Others include PDF creation and reading, including the ease and speed of converting to PDFs from other formats such as images, text, HTML, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Include image editing and scanning
- Supports diverse file formats
- Document Security assured
- Word output not the best
- OCR fails somewhat on complex files
Price: $95.88 annually, $13.99 monthly
7. Preview for Mac
A default tool in Mac OS, Preview PDF is a useful tool to carry out different functions, including PDF conversion, viewing and editing PDFs and images. PDF editing features are basic but its features are rather impressive.
- Digital document signing
- Adding and editing hyperlinks
- Signing documents using webcam if need be
- Form filling supported
- Multiple signatures saving possible
- Conversion to image files from PDFs only supported conversion
- Lacks highly advanced PDF functionalities such as OCR
8. Nuance PDF Converter
This Mac PDF converter comes with different functionalities to help convert PDFs while doing other diverse functions. It’s provided for sharing, creating, editing and converting PDF documents and even add graphics, text boxes and notes to PDFs.
- PDF conversion to MS Office supported via iWork
- Uses OCR technology to provide most accurate file formats
- Security, cloud access and advances search features provided
- Top editing functionalities unavailable
- Costly in contrast with other free PDF converters out there
9. Doxillion PDF to Word Converter
A simple, easy to use PDF converter, the tool allows you to convert PDF to word, including conversion into other file formats such as ODT, HTML, DOC, TXT, DOCX to WPD and XML.
- Converts bulk docs or a document at a time
- Easy to use
- Documents converted can end up realigned
Price: Begins from $35
10. Solid PDF Converter for Mac
A simple to use PDF tool allowing you to carry out conversions, including bulky ones, from PDF to formats such as word for diverse reasons. Other formats supported include Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, text among others.
- Includes data extraction feature
- Converts to different file formats
- Lacks in many features for PDF file management
Price: from $99.95
- Top 10 PDF Password Remover for Mac
- Best 10 Free PDF Editor in 2020
- Top 10 PDF Printers for macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Top 5 PDF to Pages Converters for Mac
- Top 5 Open Source PDF Editors for Mac