Top 5 PDF Creator for Mac
As a Mac user, inability to transform your files into PDF for professional use can be debilitating and unfulfilling. With the right PDF creator for Mac you can actually transform your documents and files in any type of format out there into usable, editable, shareable and securable PDF file. Here are some of the best PDF creator for Mac tools you can use today even if running the new macOS 10.15 Catalina.
Best 5 PDF Creator for Mac
1. PDFelement for Mac
There’s absolutely no better way of creating PDFs in Mac than using the most ideal tool for that job. PDFelement for Mac is a special kind of PDF creator for mac offering lots of options to select from with lots of free functionalities you can start using right away. It’s a unique desktop software with an easy to grasp and simple user interface allowing you to create some of the most professional and top quality PDF documents you probably have never tried.
Just by right clicking on a specific file PDFelement will give you the option of opening it in the form of PDF while you can also collect as many files as possible and transform them into one PDF document.
The output quality is assured and that’s not all. PDFelement includes lots of other features you can also use to perfect, alter and enhance your created PDFs. This include converting PDFs into other formats, annotating, signing, editing, modifying pages, images and text and adding comment boxes, drawings and top highlights. The PDF creator for Mac also converts PDF documents into EPUB, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Images among other formats and vice versa.
- Creates PDFs, deletes, adds and edits text
- Secures PDF files using digital permissions, watermarks and signatures
- Merges multiple PDF documents into a single file
- Includes annotation features to add notes, comments, markups etc. on PDFs
- Ease of creating PDFs from lots of formats such as HTML, images and text
- Ease of filling out PDF forms and altering the form data
- Free version with limited feature
Price: from $39.99
2. BlueBeam Revu Mac PDF Creator
If you’re interested in creating quality PDFs from CAD drawings and Microsoft format files then Bluebeam Revu software will make lots of sense to you. It’s a tool highly used in diverse professional areas from engineering, special contracting, architecture, government to oil and gas industries among others. The tool comes in handy in the transformation of images scanned into searchable text documents while providing lots of other set of features such as ability to highlight, stamp, and add CAD symbols, notes and text. The tool is generally a PDF creation tool capable of allowing collaboration and markup.
- Different user customized profiles to select from
- Includes a toolbox you can customize
- Includes lots of options, functions and tools
- Overwhelming to use due to crammed up menus and tools
- Takeoff functions hardly fast as required
- PDF rendering can take ages at times
- Future Mac development will stop by 2020
- Quite expensive
Price: from $349 per seat
3. Nuance Power PDF
Nuance Power PDF considers itself one of the best PDF creator for Mac tools out there. It claims to convert, create, combine, edit, collaborate and sign PDF files. It comes in handy in the manipulation of PDF documents with lots of features in between. Documents can be created, converted, edited and viewed in diverse formats as well as in multimedia and interactive forms, including images and video.
- Features include dictated annotations and edits in PDFs allowing users to dictate content
- Through multimedia editing you can actually add images or videos into PDF
- Optimizes files for display in mobile gadgets
- Doesn’t include web or mobile app but just a desktop tool accessible via cloud and can’t be used in any other way
- Unable to open multi-PDFs at the same time but a document each time
- Incapable of combining documents in different formats first before converting into PDF-combination is only for PDFs
- Doesn’t support EPUB format conversations
Price: Begins from $129 for standard version with few features
4. PDF Suite Pro Edition PDF Creator for Mac
PDF Suite is a PDF creator available for Mac users that claim to help users secure, create, view, review, edit and convert PDF documents. The tool can be used in the creation of PDF files from documents you already have on your Mac or start from scratch. Functionalities include editing features where most PDF documents can be edited through the modification of images or texts, including form filling and creation and applying restrictions, permissions, passwords and tailored printing, among others.
- Interactive PDF forms creation from modifying available files or creating afresh
- Includes security functionalities such as passwords and permissions of different levels
- PDF documents will be optimized for better rendering in mobile gadgets
- Ability to add sound and video files into PDF documents
- Doesn’t redact documents
- Manipulating text is cumbersome making it hard to carry out different editing tasks
- Bug reports have been indicated
- Doesn’t have Bates numbering needed by pro PDF users
Price: Pro Edition begins from $44.95
5. Nitro Mac PDF Creator
Nitro PDF creator for Mac offers users a tool to create PDF files while ensuring the formatting of the documents doesn’t change whether on desktop, mobile or laptop. The tool offers users the ability to create PDFs, edit, convert and view them. It offers different standard features for PDFs, apart from trying hard to be easy to use and user-friendly. It comes in a Standard suite with different level of features and a business suite tailor-made for organizations of all sizes. It supports hundreds of file formats to enable users to create PDFs from all manner of document formats. Nitro also includes a scan feature where paper documents can be scanned and printed to PDF.
- User-friendly due to a familiar user interface including a robust community, tutorials and help
- Works rather fast in learning how to use, working and overall performance
- Also comes with a working OCR that helps it compete with other high-end PDF creators
- Doesn’t come optimized for mobile devices and documents are only optimized for the internet
- Customer support can be frustrating due to lack of live help on chats and lethargic support
- In case you wanted a tool that converts to or from EPUB to PDF Nitro isn’t one of them
Price: Basic begins from $159
- Top 5 PDF Creator for Mac
- Top 5 Free PDF Writer for Mac
- Best 10 Free PDF Editor for Mac
- Top 10 Free PDF Converter for Mac
- Top 10 PDF Reader for Mac