Top 10 Free PDF Expert Alternatives
If you’ve a Mac and highly need a PDF editor you should be fine with PDF Expert. It does have its strengths though it doesn’t have all that you might desire to fully manage your PDFs. Even so, the PDF Expert Mac tool includes helpful basic features though limited in advanced ones like optical character recognition (OCR).
If all you want is a PDF management tool for individual usage or with basic features, PDF Expert for Mac will be sufficient. However, if you need it for business, academic and large scale professional PDF documents editing and management you need a PDF Expert alternative capable of handling such with professional, advanced and intuitive features compatible with Catalina macOS 10.15.
Best 10 PDF Expert Alternatives for Mac
1. PDFelement for Mac
PDFelement for Mac remains the best PDF Expert 6 alternative out there, including virtually all the top PDF editors out there like Adobe Acrobat. It comes with highly important and practical advanced features, very affordable and easy to use, well recommended globally and free to download.
- Supports over 20 global languages
- Editing documents easy with highly useful tools
- Searchable and editable PDF files creatable from text or image formats
- Reorder, add and split pages with drag-drop features
- Multiple document conversion from/to PDF
- PDF document merging
- Annotations easy to add from text boxes, sticky notes, drawing, commenting to drawing
- Digital signature easy to add
- Diverse ways of protecting your PDFs with permissions and passwords
- Includes OCR and other advanced features
- Compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Free to download
2. Foxit Reader for Mac
Available for individual and business usage, Foxit for Mac is a quality PDF Expert alternative. It comes with an interface easy to use and familiar with features capable of helping you manage PDF documents accordingly.
- Document annotation
- Foxit’s MS Office software plugins downloading easy
- Need to pay for useful advanced features
- Editing files not supported
3. Soda PDF
A quality PDF Expert alternative, it offers basic PDF management tools for a small price than you’d find elsewhere. To get advanced features, Soda PDF allows you to buy each individually keeping cost down.
- 3D document reading
- Cloud services connection
- PDF documents creation
- Familiar MS Office-like interface
- Launches fast
- Crummy OCR technology
- A number of set up features a must
4. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
This PDF Expert alternative requires no introduction, considering its tools that remind you of PDF Expert. Though the standard in PDF management, Adobe might not have the advanced tools you might be after like most PDF management tools out there.
- Includes pages, images and text editing features
- Markup features from annotation tools, hand drawing, highlighting to stamps
- Format conversion tools
- Filling and creating PDF forms
- Has a superb support
- Advanced tools like OCR bought separately raising the cost
- Program only accessible on the Mac it has been downloaded
5. Nuance PDF Converter
Nuance remains a good PDF Expert alternative perfect for businesses where to share, use workflows and other pro advanced features are a part of the process. Standard version lacks advanced tools.
- PDF conversion and creation features
- Batch conversion and PDF merging
- Editing features
- PDF protection with password, bates numbering and digital signature
- Conversion features hardly the best
- File conversion automation and batch mode tad inferior
6. Mac’s DeskPDF Creator
This PDF Expert for Mac alternative is a great PDF file converter and works with diverse operating systems. It has usable editing features.
- Watermark addition
- Security features
- PDF merging
- Workflows customizable
- Virtual printer feature
- quick PDF processing and creation
- Trial version not the best
- Complex advanced tools
- Need time to comprehend
7. PDF Studio for Mac
A useful PDF Expert 6 for Mac alternative, it supports macOS 10.15 Catalina and has features that remind you those of Adobe Acrobat. Include usable PDF editing features.
- Includes quality PDF editing features
- Form filling and annotation
- Quality file converter
- Cloud support
- Watermarks control in trial versions hard
- Zoom/shrink commands in trackpad and ‘Undo’ functionalities not there
8. PDF Clerk Pro for Mac
PDF Clerk Pro for Mac has features great for complicated workflows and working out standard PDF management needs. This PDF Expert alternative also supports left to right languages such as Hebrew, Chinese and Arabic.
- Editing supported among other functionalities
- Design easy to grasp and use
- Plain UI too much for many
Simple to use and practical, Skim is a unique PDF Expert for Mac tool you can use to do anything with your PDFs from note editing and adding to PDF annotation.
- Freely available
- Cropping PDF files supported
- Image or text editing in PDFs not easy
- Conversion and other advanced tools not there
10. PDFescape for Mac
Online based easy to use tool you can use to edit and view your PDF files on your Mac, it’s quite easy to comprehend. Handy when you need to come up with fillable PDF forms.
- Freely available online
- Easy to understand and use
- Annotation features
- Editing and creating fillable forms
- Can’t be used offline
- How to Fill out PDF Forms with Preview on Mac
- Best Foxit PDF Editor Alternative for Mac
- How to Edit PDF with Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac
- How to Print Preview on Mac
- Top 10 Alternatives to PDF-Xchange for Mac