How to Edit a Protected Word Document on Mac
In most cases, word users desire to have their sensitive information or data protected thus, prompting the use of a password to encrypt the document. So, learning how to protect a word document from being edited on Mac is paramount.
How to Edit a Protected Word Document on Mac.
The importance of setting a password cannot be stressed enough! You may lose essential data if you have not password protected them. The good news is that there are proven ways of ensuring your sensitive information is under lock and key.
Now that you know the importance of setting a password on your Word of PDF documents, you should also learn to edit password protected word document on mac when the need arises. There are tons of programs that can do this task quickly and effectively however, some are not reliable at all. Actually, it’s very simple to do this if you are using a recommended software. Here is a complete guide on how to edit a word document that is protected on mac.
Step1: Open the Word File.
You can simply launch the Word document by double clicking it.
Step 2: Select Review from the Menu.
Select Review from the menu. Then, choose Protect. A new window is displayed where you options to block authors, protect document, always open read-only and restrict person. You can proceed by choosing Protect Document.
Step 3: Create a Password
From a new window displayed, create a password to open your document or modify it. You also have an option to set a password to protect the word file for read only, tracked changes, forms and comments. You also have an option to remove personal date when saving the file. Once you done setting the password, hit the OK button.
Word Format vs PDF Format
There are millions of PDF users globally and this number is rising each day more people. Businesses including individuals are preferring PDF over Word because it gets the work done with much ease, and it’s more efficient. Here’s are the benefits of using PDF.
- Unlike Word, PDF usually has interactive interface as well as excellent features that are essential for developing excellent documents.
- Just like Word. PDF readers are usually pocket friendly and some of them can be downloaded at no cost. A good example is Adobe Reader.
- PDF and Word are supported by almost all android or iOS phones or devices. In fact, there are no extra configurations required for it to operate well on mobile gadgets.
- PDF also come with its disadvantages. For example, third-party programs are a necessity when it comes to editing texts, deleting texts just to mention a few. This can be a complex process to the first time users unlike the Word. However, PDF files can effectively be edited by utilizing its unique inbuilt editing technology. This is not present in Word, unfortunately.
How to Edit a Protected PDF Document on Mac
PDFelement for Mac is an invaluable tool used for accessing document that has been encrypted easily and effectively. It comes loaded with excellent features including highly customizable functionalities. Below are some of the noticeable features this exception program offers.
- This particular program can effectively change PDF documents to HTML, text and Word files hassle free. Thus, it is suitable for corporations, institutions of individuals wanting to convert large files to other formats.
- PDFelement for Mac also allows you to make digital signatures, add watermarks, unlock texts (using inbuilt OCR technology), just to mention but a few.
PDFelement for Mac is suitable for businesses or companies, individuals and students who want to professionally edit, or make changes to their PDF documents. Besides offering customisable features for altering PDF files, it offers amazing results unlike other programs.
Steps for How to How to Edit Protected Word Document on Mac with PDFelement
Step 1: Open the PDF File that’s Password Protected
In case the PDF document has been encrypted using a password, you can simply open it by entering the password to open. You can also open the document directly if it has permission password.
Step 2: Enter Password if It’s Permission Protected.
If the PDF document has the permission password, you will have to enter it to unlock or view the file. Alternatively, you can disable the permission password. To do this, go to Protect tag, then uncheck it.
Step 3: Start Editing the File
On the top left corner, choose Text Button. From here, you can type or erase content texts and change the position or alignment of the texts.
By following these very easy steps, you can edit a password protected document stress free. These methods are less tedious and don’t consume much time. If you want to achieve the best results effortlessly, you should definitely try out the PDFelement for Mac.
- How to Add Watermark in Word to All Pages on Mac
- How to Add Signature in Word on Mac
- How to Remove Watermark in Word on Mac
- How to Draw Signature in Word on Mac
- How to Resize a Picture in Word on Mac